Travel Date: April 2014
During our trip in Bali, we booked our accommodation in the Kuta area mainly because it was very near the airport (15-30 mins depending on the traffic condition), and accessible to the famous Kuta Beach.
We stayed at Bali Bungalo. It’s a budget hotel in Kuta, which is very near the Kuta Beach (abt 3-mins walk). The hotel is also near to the Beachwalk mall (3-5 mins walk) and to other commercial establishments and entertainment area around Kuta. We booked for 3N2D stay at Bali Bungalo via Agoda.com, and we got a relatively cheap deal (we booked it about a month in advance).
Good Points (and not so good points)
- overall price is relatively cheap
- very friendly and accommodating staff (they are also quick to respond to online inquiries)
- the room is quite spacious
- the bed mattress is comfortable
- the breakfast included in our package was good enough and filling with coffee and juice (you can also have it for takeout upon request)
- very near the Kuta Beach, about 3 mins walk
- very near to the Beachwalk mall and to other establishments around Kuta, Bali
- free bottled water everyday
- we come back every night to a clean room
- there is a surfing school inside the vicinity of the hotel
* You can always get in contact with the Staff to specify your room requirements, based on my experience, they are quick to respond to email inquiries. most of their room have a garden view
Not so good points:
- the room where we stayed at is already quite old
- there were leaks in the bathroom
- you need to go to the common area (near the hotel restaurant) to access the free wifi
- no hair dryer
- you need to pay for a thermos of hot water to drink
We are backpacking in Bali and our main concerns were budget but at the same time convenience and comfort. If you are also traveling in Bali (like me) who don’t intend to stay in the room all day and just come back in your hotel room to sleep and shower, then Bali Bungalo is good enough for you.
#bali #kuta #indonesia #balibungalo